Monday, February 25, 2013

Downton Season 3 Finale


I think this pretty much sums up how we all felt, right? Here are two of my sisters right after watching the Downton season 3 Christmas special. Indignation, dismay, mascara smudges. Dan... you broke our hearts

Still, my love for Downton goes on. Here are a few things keeping it alive: 

The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook -- includes recipes I am not brave enough to try (Stubborn Oxtail Soup) but even more recipes I can't wait to make (Sweet Lemon Curd -- my dad swears English lemon curd is the best there is). 

Jimmy Fallon's Downton Sixbey -- thank you for existing. Try to watch the first episode and not start pronouncing "here" as "he-ah". 

Sesame Street does another cute spoof: Upside Downton Abbey

Love her or hate her, Lady Mary looks beautiful in these talented artists' prints for sale on Etsy here and he-ah

I get a big kick out these Houndton Tabby prints. Mrs. Patmore as a cat? Anna as a Greyhound? It weirdly works. 

Finally, I will probably watch A Very Carson Christmas every December for the rest of my life. Rumor has it, ooh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment